The League is a unique organisation. We are the five leading family focused marketing services agencies in Europe and we’re on a mission to provide clients that want to connect with families throughout the region with the very best, most experienced marketing services.
The Business Development Director will be instrumental in establishing The League as the leading global provider of family marketing services and developing the business into the future.
Objectives of this Role
- Identifying new business opportunities
- Managing both our existing sales pipeline and developing new business opportunities
- Take a lead role in the development of proposals and presentations for new business materials to create and nurture business opportunities and partnerships
- Identify trends and customer needs, building a short/medium/long-term sales pipeline in accordance with targets
- Develop strategies and positions by analyzing new venture integration
- Assist in the coordination and implementation of marketing strategies, and delegate tasks that achieve strategic goals to the membership that cannot be completed alone
- Motivate the team, track performance, and report metrics
Daily and Monthly Responsibilities
- Monitor and evaluate industry trends and customer drivers and meet regularly with management and stakeholders to discuss strategy
- Manage proposal response process, including detailed RFP requirements, content creation, and inputs from various sources
- Generate new leads, identify and contact decision-makers, screen potential business opportunities, select the deals inline with strategies, and lead and facilitate pitch logistics
- Develop and implement overarching outbound sales and business development strategy, sales processes, structure, and best practices across the company
- Website administration and content creation
- Support deal structure and pricing with business value analysis; negotiate prices for proactive bids and proposals
- Maintain and share professional knowledge through education, networking, events, and presentations
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in business or management
- Successful track record in B2B sales and negotiation
- English, French and Spanish speaking
- 5 years sales / agency experience
- Understanding of the international nuances
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Working experience with sales techniques
- Strong experience in using digital channels
- Proficiency with data analysis, forecasting, and budgeting
- Proven ability to plan and manage resources
- Existing network / contacts in our specialism
What we offer
The role is international and can be based in London, Hamburg, Madrid, Lille or Genoa.
Salary and package will be reflective of wherever the successful chooses to be based and will include above local levels of benefits.
We are committed to workplace well-being, personal development and equality of opportunity.
If interested, Gary looks forward to receiving an email with your CV and motivation to work for The League!